Length: 3-5 days
• Bring 2 or 3 images of flowers. (Make them as large as you can and try to have most or the entire flower in the photo – try color photocopying to 8.5 x 11”). Get as clear as possible. Calendars often have excellent images also.
• Sewing Machine:Oiled and cleaned plus all attachments & your instruction booklet and an extension cord. Some machines have a special plate that's needed for free-hand machine stitching (e.g. Singer) - Make sure you have that if it applies to you.
***THE DARNING FOOT FOR YOU MACHINE IS ESSENTIAL****
• Threads: Cotton, polyester or machine embroidery threads – bring a “wholesome” supply in colors that complement your photos. Add some metallics, rayons and variegated threads if you have them.
• Basic Sewing Kit: It should include extra needles (size 11 or 14), extra bobbins, container of sewing machine oil and brush, scissors (large and small), seam ripper, straight pins.
• Fabric Supplies: Bring a variety of mottled fabrics that match your photos - possible “flower” colors and a variety of greens. The more irregularly colored cottons (Bali, etc.) that are available in most quilting stores and other “non-repeat pattern” kinds of fabrics are fine. Bring a few metallics and/or shiny fabrics, if you have them. We will be working approx. 12” x 14”, so judge amounts accordingly. You will also need at least ½ m. of a solid colored fabric for borders and backing of the final quilted work.
• .5 metre “Heat’n’Bond Lite or equivalent paper-backed
• Pencil, eraser, sketchbook/notebook
• Ample workspace for each participant (2/table)
Instructor Will Provide:
• Set of photographs that students can use if they wish
copyright © | all images are property of Martha Cole