Come with a bag of fabric scraps, lots of different machine threads, your
sewing machine and a light heart - and away we go! Bring along another
bag of beads, ribbons, bangles and other outrageous things like fake fur,
feather boas and reptile skins, buttons and brooches. You define outrageous!
I’ll lead you through a series of exercises that will make you giggle,
make you gasp, and make you amaze yourself! We’ll “paste”,
we’ll cut, we’ll sew ourselves silly, and then we’ll
play and cut and paste and sew some more. Who knows what this will look
like or where it will lead !?!
Length: 1 day
Level: Beginner to Advanced. Some knowledge of free-motion stitching is
an asset, but not essential.
MATERIALS FEE: $12.00 per participant (Includes a set of Inspiration Cards for further play after the course is over!)
• Sewing Machine: Oiled and cleaned plus all attachments
& your instruction booklet and an extension cord.
***THE DARNING FOOT FOR YOU MACHINE IS ESSENTIAL****
• Threads: Lots – bring a wholesome supply
and as much variety as you can – some metallics, rayons, and variegated
threads if you have them.
• Basic Sewing Kit: Include extra needles –
size 14-11, either a topstitch or denim needle, extra bobbins, scissors
– large and small, seam ripper, straight pins
Bag of scraps – they can be really small!
Bag of outrageous “stuff”
1 m. quilt batting
1 m. backing fabric
• Cutting board and Olfa cutter
• Notebook and pen (optional)
• Ample workspace for each participant (2/table)
• 2-3 irons and ironing boards
• 2-3 extra tables for supplies
• Communal cutting board, ruler and rotary cutter
• A “teaching space” comprised of a table and demo space
for me with an extra set of chairs around it for participants.
• An easel with a pad of paper and/or a chalk board for demonstrations
• Some wall space to pin up work at end of the day
• A can of 505 Spray Adhesive and paper to protect the table surface
Instructor Will Provide:
• A bag of “stuff” for the use of the participants
• A set of participatory instructions/cards
> Back to workshops